We co-designed with both experienced Cash Program Managers and those new to cash programing, designing Cash aid Programs in fast evolving emergencies and slow onset disasters around the world, asking them about their experience of before, during and after giving aid and its been collectively confirmed that there is potential for you as an aid worker in the field to:
The key challenges for a humanitarian organization in an emergency setting are to do the following fast, efficient and if possible, at scale:
- Identifying, registering and validating the most vulnerable people affected
- Assessing, designing and implementing the right response
- Distributing cash or vouchers, electronically or physically
- Evaluate and monitor whether their assistance was well received
- Doing no harm and adhering to other humanitarian principles
In other words, the 121 Platform should handle the bulk of registrations and support in handling sensitive data. This reduces the administrative burden on organizations and allows for more time to focus on providing value-added services, protection, coordination & supporting inclusion & registration of the (digital) illiterate.
The below Humanitarian Value Proposition was created from co designing with over 25 Cash Program Managers in various positions in Ho’s NGO’s and Governments responding with Cash Based Aid to Hurricanes, Floods, Droughts and Manmade Crises across St. Maarten, Ukraine, Malawi, Ethiopia, Kenya and the Netherlands. Further research in cash based aid was conducted with insights from Co designs with Managers delivering Cash Programs programs in Greece, Lebanon, Botswana, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Ghana.
Considering the wide array of contexts and specifics there were many common Tasks, Pains and potential to help aid workers in the registration and Cash distribution process.
- In Pink are a representation of general topics clustered from quotes from 1 hour 121 Co Design sessions
- In yellow are the main points identified that 121 could address
- In Navy shows the potential to create a product that could address needs with as much dignity as possible.
It is important to note in the Co designs every Program Manager had first hand experience with Cash Based aid.
121’s aims increase the safety over the personal information you collect by ensuring data collection processes are not prone to data leaks by using Privacy by design principles for all 121 Products.
121’s aim is to give you tools and processes that give you certainty and transparency on the common phases of all programs, allowing you to integrate local existing services.
121’s aim is to ensure that the programs you offer adhere to globally recognized training & processes.